All staff members are well educated in their field, which includes finance, accounting, construction, law, income tax, marketing and management.
Founder and President of CRM Properties Group, Ltd.
- Began his career in 1977 as a Tax Accountant for Deloitte Touche. Thereafter, he spent a year zoning property and building single family homes for a family business, Chesterfield Homes. In 1980, he commenced his legal career as a Tax Attorney representing sports, entertainment and professional clients as well as small businesses and banks. The law firm grew to ten lawyers and lasted as a partnership until 1995.
- Began developing in 1981. In the early years of development, his transactions were financed through limited partnerships and conventional financing. In 1993, he became the primary equity partner of CRM’s developments. He has developed a great number of projects, and currently, by and through his management company, owns and manages a portfolio of properties that include the Shops at Deerfield Square, 1800 Clybourn Avenue, Weed Street District, Kingsbury Square, numerous small office projects in River North and Streeterville.
- Received a BS in Accounting from the University of Illinois and a J.D. from DePaul College of Law with an emphasis in Taxation.
Senior Vice President at CRM Properties Group, Ltd. with management responsibilities for the Company’s project development, leasing and construction operations.
- Prior to joining CRM, he worked for 10 years in the real estate lending divisions of both First Chicago Bank and LaSalle National Bank. As a real estate and construction lender, he acquired extensive knowledge in project development and financing for a wide variety of asset types including residential, mixed-use projects, condominium conversions, retail, office and industrial.
- Since joining CRM in 1996, he has been responsible for a number of developments including spearheading the construction and leasing of The Shops at Deerfield Square and the recently completed 85,000 square foot Whole Foods at Kingsbury Square in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, Illinois.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance from DePaul University, a MBA with a concentration in Real Estate from DePaul University, a Master of Jurisprudence in Real Estate Law from University of Illinois Law School, and an Illinois licensed real estate broker.
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Vice President at CRM Properties Group, Ltd. and director of the property management, accounting and finance functions for CRM.
- Prior to joining CRM Properties Group in December 2005, he spent five years with Wells Fargo Bank as an Assistant Vice President in the commercial real estate group. He gained experience in developing all property types, including retail, residential, industrial and office.
- Holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and a Masters in Real Estate and Construction Management from Denver University.
- He is an active member of ICSC and CREC.
Principal at CRM Properties Group, Ltd. responsible for business development, product design, and leasing and development services.
- Prior to joining CRM, he developed his own portfolio of multifamily and retail assets throughout the City of Chicago, including rehab developments in Pilsen, Uptown, and West Town, most of which he still owns and operates. Before starting his own development company, Jeff worked as Vice President – Latin America at Klaff Realty, where he oversaw the development of two hotels in Brazil and helped launch an agricultural land fund in Uruguay. Prior to Klaff, he worked as a Project Manager at Ridge Property Trust, an industrial REIT, and as a financial analyst at Wells Fargo Bank in San Francisco.
- Received a Bachelor’s in Business Administration from Boston University and a Masters in Real Estate from DePaul University.
- Illinois licensed real estate broker.